- Name Book: The Cyclopaedia of Card and Table Games
- Author: Professor Hoffmann
- Year: 1891
- Publisher: George Routledge and Sons
- Location: London, United Kingdom
Who was Professor Hoffmann?
Professor Hoffmann (1839–1919) was the pseudonym of Angelo John Lewis. An English writer and translator. Professor Hoffmann wrote several books about Patience Games.
In the book “The Cyclopædia of Card and Table Games,” Professor Hoffman revised and rewrote, with permission, the article of W. Pole (Games at cards for one player), which was published in the Macmillan’s Magazine in 1874
Other books written by Professor Hoffmann about Solitaire are:
- 1892 – The Illustrated Book of Patience Games
- 1909 – Selected Patience Games